EPoC Proposal Submission Instructions
Proposal must be submitted as a single electronic PDF document and be received by the proposal deadline. The entire proposal, with the exception of the Project Summary, will be treated as confidential.
Proposal must include the following:
- Cover page: download PDF form — required
- Project Summary (0.5 page maximum) Provide a layman’s description of your project, including goals and potential economic impacts, that can be shared with the public should your project be funded.
- Project Narrative (4-page maximum, does not include references). The narrative should address market need, competing methods or technologies, research design and economic impact including expected economic outcomes at the completion of the proposed work. A description of the individual(s) who will lead business development including their background, technical expertise, and relationship to the PI must be included.
- References: References should include article titles.
- Budget: download Excel template
- Must fill out the template completely
- Budget justification
- Justify the costs of supplies, personnel, travel and other expenses required to support the project clearly delineating costs to be supported by the CAT versus match support.
- Roles of Key Personnel: The role of key personnel needs to be clearly defined
- Allowable costs:
- Personnel costs including fringe benefits: Must include name of the individual for whom the support is requested, their role on the project, and the effort being requested (in calendar months).
- Appropriate tuition and fees.
- Travel: Funds (of up to $1,500) to support travel within the U.S. to present research at scientific meetings. (Must be well justified)
- Supplies: Funds to conduct research.
- Other: Costs to use fee-for-service facilities are permitted.
- Unallowable costs:
- Expenses directly related to new business creation.
- F&A costs.
- Support for PIs (generally not allowed).
- Support for administrative personnel.
- Two-page biosketch (NSF or NIH format)
- Fill out support/commitment form
- Vertebrate animals and/or Human Subjects Research. Institutional IACUC or IRB approval will be required before any funds can be released, however, approval is not required at the time of submission. Use this section to address scientific and ethical concerns regarding the use of vertebrate animals or human subjects if proposed.
- Each page of the proposal must include the name of the PI in the header.
- Font size of at least 11 pt.; we suggest sans-serif fonts such as Arial, Times or Helvetica, when using font sizes less than 12 pt.
- 1-inch margins top, bottom, left and right
Each proposal will be reviewed by a Technical Review Panel as well as by a Steering Committee. Proposals that do not meet requirements stated above will not be reviewed. Proposals will be evaluated on their scientific and technical merit as well as on their potential economic impact in Delaware. The status of new investigators and investigators from PUIs will be regarded when considering aspects of grantsmanship.
Award Conditions may include:
- EPoC funds should be spent within the 1-year award period. No-cost extensions may be considered on a case-by-case basis but cannot be guaranteed.
- May participate in the Bioscience CAT symposium.
- Complete brief economic impact/technical report.
- Detailed award conditions will be provided upon notice of award.