9/30/21 by 5 pm
Annual Submission Deadline:
Cycle 1: ~ March 31
Cycle 2: ~ September 30
Applied Research Collaborations (ARC) – Up to $100,000 for 1 year
Applied Research Collaboration grants are available to support bioscience research collaborations that support economic development in Delaware. Projects must have at least one Delaware academic and one Delaware business partner.
- PI must be from a Delaware academic research institution
- Must have a Delaware based business partner
- Industry or academic initiated collaborations will be considered
Funds should be directed towards hypothesis-driven research. Projects are assessed on their scientific merit and economic impact in Delaware
Who can apply?
Principal Investigators (PIs)* from any Delaware academic research institution, including:
- Christiana Care Health System
- Delaware State University
- Delaware Technical Community College
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- University of Delaware
- Wesley College
* Must be eligible to serve as a PI at their home institution.
PIs can have only one active ARC grant at a time. Partners may be involved in multiple ARC grants at the same time.
- Single PI proposal may request up to $75,000.
- Multi-PI proposal may request up to $100,000. *
- Proposals with multiple academic institutions are especially encouraged.
- Each project is limited to 12 months of grant support.
- Must not duplicate projects funded by other sources.
- Delaware based business partner = headquarters and/or manufacturing/research site in Delaware. (Incorporated in Delaware is not sufficient)
- At least 1:1 match of industrial (either financial or in-kind) and ARC support. The degree of industrial partner support is considered during the review process.
* The need for more than one PI must be well justified.
PIs should consult with the technology transfer office at their home institution. The ARC program does not retain any rights to intellectual property.