Entrepreneurial Proof of Concept (EPoC)
3/31/20 by 5 pm
Annual Submission Deadline:
Cycle 1: ~ March 31
Cycle 2: ~ September 30
Up to $50,000 for 1 year
Entrepreneurial Proof of Concept grants are available to support researchers looking to collect early stage data leading to the creation of a new business entity operating in Delaware at the completion of the grant. Proposals can be initiated by either non-academic or academic entrepreneurs seeking to start their own company. Note that funds must go to a research PI at a qualified Delaware academic research institution who does not have to have a formal affiliation with the proposed business entity.
Who can apply?
Principal Investigators (PIs)* from any Delaware academic research institution, including:
- Christiana Care Health System
- Delaware State University
- Delaware Technical Community College
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- University of Delaware
- Wesley College
* Must be eligible to serve as a PI at their home institution.
PIs can have only one active EPoC grant at a time.
- May request up to $50,000.
- Each project is limited to 12 months of grant support.
- Must not duplicate projects funded by other sources.
- Expected to establish proof of concept, in support of a new business, and if successful, lead to the establishment of a new start-up company by the end of the 12-month grant period.
PIs should consult with the technology transfer office at their home institution. The EPoC program does not retain any rights to intellectual property.